CS PaletteShare provides the core colour management functionality of the SmartClient.
PaletteShare allows you to securely share colour data across your organisation, bringing order to your colour process.
PaletteShare also includes colour creation, editing, search, analysis and reporting tools.
ChromaShare PaletteShare is the core SmartClient module that allows you to create and share palettes of colours. Calibrated monitor technology means accurate colour viewing for all users under a wide range of standard illuminants, with or without chromatic adaptation.
PaletteShare makes common tasks easier than ever before: drag and drop groups of colours between different palettes or tools; filter and sort thousands of samples in one click or search your entire colour library in just a few seconds.
Colours can be imported from, and exported to, all major file formats and tools allow colours to be modified or created using visual selection, spectrophotometer measurement or direct keyboard entry. Users can also add fully searchable attribute data of their choice, such as 'brand', 'season' or other business data, to samples or whole palettes.
Powerful and flexible search
Users can search individual palettes, folders, or their entire library by colour, sample name or any user defined attribute value. It's lightning fast too - search 16,000 colours for the closest matches in 5 seconds! A palette comparison option allows entire palettes to be searched at the same time and the user has full control over search behaviour:
- Choose the maximum number of matches to return
- Specify the colour difference equation and matching illuminant
- Specify a maximum allowed ΔE value
- Exclude samples that don't match specified attribute or date criteria
- Choose how the results are displayed: as a palette, a grid of values or one of several search reports.
Comprehensive colour analysis
PaletteShare includes advanced analysis tools and supports a wide range of colour difference equations and other colour indices, such as whiteness. Visual, graphical and numerical colour comparison are integrated in the Sample Appraisal tool, which allows multiple samples to be compared to the selected standard in a highly configurable interface, ideal for tolerance evaluation or shade approval purposes.
- Background colour, illuminant and colour difference equation are all easily changed
- Samples can be viewed side-by-side in a choice of arrangements
- A rotatable 3D graph of the samples is shown in L*, a*, b* or ΔL, ΔC, Δh space
- A colour difference tolerance can be specified and all out-of-tolerance samples automatically highlighted
- Reflectance data for the selected samples is plotted together on a graph
- The columns shown in a grid of colorimetric data are chosen by the user. The data can be sorted by clicking the column headings
- Unsuitable colours can be eliminated simply by pressing the 'delete' key.